Held at the Pine County Fairgrounds and VFW, the annual Pokegama Lake Association Freshwater Fair featured 16 learning stations covering a variety of topics on environmental and wildlife stewardship, emphasizing water quality and aquatic invasive species. Presenters included Pine and Kanabec Soil and Water, DNR Forestry & Fisheries, DNR St. Croix State Park, University of Minnesota educators, Science Museum of Minnesota, Pine County Sheriff’s Office, Audubon Center of the North Woods, Pine County Land and Resource, Pokegama Township and members of the Pokegama Lake Association. This year’s fair was attended by more than 400 fifth grade students from Hinckley, East Central, Mora and Pine City Elementary schools. This event is funded in part by Pine County Legacy Grant monies, donations from Pokegama Township and Pine County Soil & Water. The Pokegama Lake Association is able to sponsor this event not only with monetary support, but also due to the many steadfast members and other volunteers.
Submit Your News
We're always interested in hearing about news in our community. Let us know what's going on!
- 2019 Pine City Presidential Physical Fitness award winners
- Years Ago: Bakery closed due to sugar shortage in 1944
- County battles aquatic invaders
- Legislators nix funding for NLX
- Art center welcomes Malone
- Clean-up time in Pokegama Township
- Piecing together stories sewn into quilts
- Meth – and a large sword - allegedly found in vehicle
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.