Pine County artists have made their mark on the regional arts scene, winning a number of awards at the the East Central Regional Arts Council (ECRAC) 33rd annual IMAGE Art Show
Pine County boasted two best-in-category Excellence Award winners. Judy Wolf of Pine City, who won in the Photography category for “Reflections of a Life Well Lived, and Patrica Larson of Sturgeon Lake who won in the 3D Non-Functional Sculpture category for “Three Sentinels and the Seer.”
Pine County Artistic Merit winners received awards in several categories. In Transparent Painting, Isabelle Helseth won for “Jungle Vibes,” Kristin Webster of Pine City won for “Sunkissed” and Bobby Olson of Grasston won for “Fords in a Field.” In 3D Non-Functional Sculpture, Susan Foss of Sandstone won for “Arrival at Boarding School,” Jason Boldt of Pine City won for “Mistral” and Gary Carlson of Rush City won for “Clarion Whisper.” In Other Art Forms, Mike Gainor of Pine City won for “Thistle.”
IMAGE Art Show
The IMAGE Art Show is an annual event open to any artist residing in Region 7E (the MN counties of Chisago, Kanabec, Isanti, Mille Lacs, and Pine.)
A total of 159 artists from the East Central Minnesota region entered this year’s show and for the first time ever the show was online. The show can be viewed at www.ECRAC.org. People’s Choice judging is open until June 30.
The judges for the show were Michael Carlson and Melissa Gohman. There were seven categories with an Artistic Excellence Award in each along with multiple Artistic Merit Awards, with the number given depending on the number of entrants in each category.
The categories and awards are:
• In Painting: Transparent the Artistic Excellence Award went to Jim Larson, Milaca and Artistic Merit Awards went to Chad Carlson, Isanti; Janis Dehler, Cambridge; Isabelle Helseth, Pine City ; Bobby Olson, Grasston; Kristin Webster, Pine City; Barbara Young, Taylors Falls; and Tayler Swanson, Scandia.
• In Painting: Opaque the Artistic Excellence Award went to Christina Thurston, Onamia and Artistic Merit Awards went to Jean Crocker, Cambridge and Nancy Radefeldt, Lindstrom.
• In Drawing the Artistic Excellence Award went to Mike Menasco, North Branch and Artistic Merit Awards went to Marilyn Cuellar, Cambridge and Vanessa Kaari, Chisago City.
•In 3D Functional Sculpture the Artistic Excellence Award went to Richard Vincent, North Branch and Artistic Merit Awards went to Sue Vogen, Cambridge; Karla Dahms, Mora and Jason Lidman, Milaca.
• In 3D Non-Functional Sculpture the Artistic Excellence Award went to Patricia Larson, Sturgeon Lake and Artistic Merit Awards went to Susan Foss, Sandstone; Jason Boldt, Pine City and Gary Carlson, Rush City.
• In Photography the Artistic Excellence Award went to Judy Wolf, Pine City and Artistic Merit Awards went to Cadence Eischens, Stacy; Peter Genheimer, North Branch; Dennis Jenereaux, Isanti; Roger Nieboer, Mora; Jay Anderson, Cambridge and Evan Gorham, Stanchfield.
• In Other Art Forms the Artistic Excellence Award went to Terri Huro, Mora and Artistic Merit Awards went to Nancy Conger, North Branch; Stephanie Dickinson, North Branch; Dee Kotaska, Mora; Mike Gainor, Pine City; Deb Huberty, Mora and Anita Gilason, Ogilvie.
This art exhibition was made possible by The McKnight Foundation and also by the voters of Minnesota thanks to a legislative appropriation from the Arts and Cultural Heritage Legacy Fund.